Engine Warranty Terms & Conditions
1. To qualify for our warranty all the points on our engine fitting check list MUST BE COMPLETED. We will require a copy of your receipts proving that you have purchased all the parts listed on our warranty requirement check list. We also require a copy of your mechanics installation receipt showing that those parts where replaced at installation. NO PAPER WORK MEANS NO WARRANTY THERE ARE NO EXCEPTIONS.
2. An Engine
service must be carried out by a reputable garage after
3. Any necessary repairs or maintenance (whether covered by this Warranty or not) should be carried out as soon as is practicable and without further detriment to the condition of the engine. All ancillary parts should always be maintained in good order.
4. We do not warranty engine failure or damage occurring directly or indirectly as a result of the following:
i) Fault or failure arising from a fitting error or poor workmanship.
ii) Fault or failure of any ancillary components including but not limited to the cooling system, fuel system, turbo charger/exhaust and ignition system components, etc. Nor are the ancillaries covered themselves.
iii) Where the vehicle has been used in conjunction with motor sports or marine situations.
iv) As a result of malicious damage.
v) As a result of fire or theft or a collision.
vi) As a result of overheating or lack of lubrication (due to insufficient coolant or lubricant).
5. The warranty does not cover gaskets and seals. For instance if an engine‘s head gasket should fail or if the engine is overheated then it will not be covered under our warranty.
6. The term “engine” refers to the cylinder head & block and the components which make these up (i.e. pistons, cam shafts, con rods, etc). Any ancillaries left on the engine including but not limited to the cam belt, water pump, sensors, water hoses or fuel system are left on free of charge and are not covered by this warranty.
7. The warranty terminates if any part supplied has been tampered with in any way (i.e. seals broken, stripped down, taken apart, etc) without prior written approval.
8. The warranty terminates if the engine temperature tabs (heat tabs) have been tampered with or removed.
9. Any modifications or repair work undertaken without the written consent of Platinum-imports-uk will invalidate the warranty.
10. Vehicle recovery charges, hire car costs, loss of earnings, and any other consequential costs which might arise are not covered by this warranty.
11. Unless otherwise agreed in writing this warranty is valid in the UK Mainland only.
12. If an engine needs to be replaced under the terms of this warranty, we require the faulty engine to be returned to our workshop before we can dispatch a replacement.
13. If an engine is replaced under the terms of this warranty, the replacement engine will be covered for the balance of the original guarantee.
14. This warranty does not affect your statutory rights.
15. This warranty begins the day the engine is delivered.
16. Any part(s) correctly supplied but returned to us within 14 days is/are subject to a 20% restocking charge.
17. Our warranty covers parts only. We do not cover the costs of any labour charges incurred or costs associated with any faults arising from the fitting of a part we supplied.
18. If we have been unable to deliver or of the item is not collected after 14 days we reserve the right to re-list / re-advertise the item for sale.
19. Under distance selling regulations a private consumer has a 7 day “cooling off” period in which he/she may return the goods to us for a refund. However please note that delivery is a separate contract and once completed it is non refundable. Goods once signed for are to be returned at the customer’s expense.
20. You must check your item at the time of collection or delivery before signing for the goods. If you are unhappy for any reason you must refuse delivery/collection. Once the item is in your possession the transaction is then complete, so we cannot claim for damage in transit and therefore cannot offer a refund on damaged goods from that point on.
21. If any material facts are withheld, false or fraudulent reports and/or claims are made then this warranty shall become void. In this event, any payments that have been made by platinum-imports-uk will be repayable forthwith.
22. This warranty is personal to the person named on the invoice or warranty registration card and may not be transferred to any other person or company.
23. Platinum-imports-uk reserves the right to amend the terms and conditions of this warranty without prior notification.
Used Parts Warranty Terms & Conditions
All parts are guaranteed for 30 days unless otherwise agreed in the listing. Any item purchased from us must be paid for in full before the item can be released for delivery or collection. You must check your item on the time of collection or delivery before signing for the goods. If you are unhappy for any reason you must refuse delivery/collection. Once the item is in your possession the transaction is then complete, so we cannot claim for damage in transit and therefore cannot offer a refund on damaged goods from that point on. If our delivery attempt to you is unsuccessful we will charge for delivery again which has to be paid in full before we make a second delivery attempt If the second delivery attempt fails we will not attempt again, so the item will have to be collected in person (unless other wise agreed). Please note any delivery charges incurred are non refundable. If we have been unable to deliver or of the item is not collected after 14 days we reserve the right to re-list the item for sale. The term engine refers to the cylinder head & block and the components that make these up (i.e. pistons, cam shafts, etc). Any ancillaries left on the engine e.g. water pump, cam belt or similar are supplied free of charge and are not covered by any guarantee (unless otherwise agreed in writing). Gaskets and oil seals are also not covered. Our guarantee covers parts only. We do not cover any labour charges or any faults arising from the fitting of a part we supplied. The guarantee is void if any part has been tampered with in any way (i.e. seals broken, item taken apart, etc). The guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. Mail order: Under selling regulations a private consumer has a 7 day "cooling off" period in which he/she may return the goods to us for a refund. However please note that delivery is a separate contract and once completed it is non-refundable. Goods once signed for are to be returned at the customer’s expense.